What is Cash on Delivery (COD)
Cash on delivery (pay on delivery) is one of the most prominent and safe payment methods for online shopping in Sri Lanka. Customers love to receive the product before paying for it and COD payment has made it possible.
Cash on Delivery is a type of payment method where the recipient (the customer) makes payment for the order at the time of delivery rather than in advance.
There are certain factors why people still prefer COD payment option because,
- Not having access to a digital payment method
- Lack of trust in online sellers
- Fear of poor product quality
YamuKade Store assures to deliver quality products only from selected vendors.
How does it work?
- Buyers place an order on the website and request delivery at the given address.
- The customer does not make the payment while ordering the item and chooses pay on delivery as a payment method.
- Once the order is placed, an invoice is prepared by the seller which is attached to the parcel.
- A delivery boy picks the shipment from the seller or supplier and delivers it to the address provided by the customer.
- The customer makes the payment to the delivery boy in cash.